Categories of data subjects from whom we may collect data:
- employees and former employees including volunteers, agents, individual contractors, temporary or casual workers;
- applicants who have applied for employment;
- relatives, guardians or associates of employees, former employees or applicants;
- contractors, agents, consultants and suppliers both past and present and their employees or representative;
- customers and previous customers and their employees or representatives, which may include clients of our customers and former customers;
- individuals and representatives of organizations who have registered with AXO to obtain information on products and/or services offered; and
- individuals and representatives of organizations who have visited the website.
Information may include:
- browser and device information;
- server log file information;
- data collected through cookies and other technologies;
- demographic information and additional information provided by you;
- financial details;
- complaints or grievances;
- contact details, being corporate contact details where appropriate, including email, postal address, telephone and facsimile numbers;
- purchasing habits and customers;
- customer preferences;
Also, concerning employees, former employees and applicants, the additional categories of data may include:
- Personal details
- Family, lifestyle and social circumstances
- Employment details
- Financial details
- Complaints or grievances
- Email and postal addresses
- Telephone and facsimile numbers
- Limited sensitive data such as racial or ethnic origin, physical or mental health or condition, religious observance, issues notified under whistleblower policies, criminal records and disciplinary records, collected in the ordinary course of the employment relationship.
We may collect information in a variety of ways, including:
- From you directly.
- Through this site: AXO may collect information through the website when you visit.
- Through business interaction: We may collect information through your or your employer’s business interaction with our employees or offices.
- From other sources: We may receive information from other sources, such as public databases; joint marketing partners; social media platforms; or other third parties.
- Data storage and administration;
- Data security;
- Customer and user administration, including the processing of orders, enquires and client reporting;
- Employee administration;
- Advertising, marketing and public relations activities;
- Maintenance of accounts and records;
- Analysis of trends and statistical data;
- Crime prevention and prosecution of offenders; and
- Maintenance and development of our website, including tailoring for specific visitors.
AXO will always request your consent to send you marketing communications - as per the Information Disclosure section below you may opt-out of this whenever you wish.
However, we will normally collect personal data from you only (i) where we have your consent to do so, (ii) where we need the personal data to perform a contract with you, or (iii) where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your rights.
If we ask you to provide personal information to comply with a legal requirement or to perform a contract with you, we will make this clear at the relevant time and advise you whether the provision of your personal information is mandatory or not (as well as of the possible consequences if you do not provide your personal data).
We will process your information for the purposes of operating our website and communicating with you as necessary to provide our services to you and in our legitimate commercial interests, for instance, when responding to your queries, undertaking marketing activities, improving our website and services or for the purposes of detecting or preventing illegal activities.
a. These cookies are called _utma, _utmz, _ga, _gid and attribution_x_
AXO uses LinkedIn conversion tracking to measure the impact of our paid advertising campaigns. The data collected enables us to see how our ads lead to valuable actions on our website such as content downloads, sign-ups, purchases and more.
The LinkedIn Insight Tag enables the collection of data regarding members’ visits to our website, including the URL, referrer, IP address, device and browser characteristics, timestamp, and page views. This data is encrypted, then de-identified within seven days, and the de-identified data is deleted within 90 days. LinkedIn does not share the personal data with AXO, it only provides aggregated reports about the website audience and ad performance. LinkedIn also provides retargeting for website visitors, enabling AXO to show personalized ads off its website by using this data, but without identifying the member. LinkedIn members can control the use of their personal data for advertising purposes through their LinkedIn account settings.
Cookie settings can be changed in the settings of most web browsers.
You may refuse to accept cookies by modifying the settings on your browser, for example:
Please note, if you choose to block cookies via the browser, you may not be able to access certain parts or functions of this website.
You have the following data protection rights:
- you have the right to opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us. You can exercise this right by clicking on “unsubscribe” by clicking on the “unsubscribe” or “opt-out” link in the marketing emails we send you.
- you may also have the following rights (although all of these rights are subject to some conditions and exceptions):
- to access, correct, and request deletion of your personal data;
- to object to processing of your personal data, ask us to restrict said processing, and/or request portability of your personal data;
- to erasure of your personal data.
- if we have collected and process your personal data with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal data conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent;
- you have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal data. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority.
You must be able to provide your name and email address or other information sufficient to allow us to identify you. We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
If you would like to exercise your rights please get in touch with the relevant AXO affiliate.